August 26, 2012

Evan at 20 months

Evan has the kindest heart. I have never known a one year-old who WANTS to share so badly! Even his precious food!
His kind heart is wrapped in a gruff exterior though. He has a LOUD, low voice. And when he wants to share something with you he will yell your name over and over until you take what he is offering!
This morning Evan found the phone in my room and put it up to his ear. He was babbling and I asked "
Who is it?" He said, "Grandpa." I said, "Oh, do you want to call Grandpa?" So Evan starts yelling "GRANDPA! GRANDPA!" at the phone! I did end up calling, and oddly enough my dad was the one that answered the phone. Evan had something to share with him apparently, but nobody understood what it was! It was so cute.
Evan and Braden have started driving each other crazy the last couple of weeks. They have moments where they are just as sweet as can be. But it seems like are learning the joys of pushing each others' buttons now too. Evan has a few toys that are his favorites, and Braden loves to get to them just ahead of his little brother and snatch them up. Evan screams bloody murder!
Evan likes to knock down the elaborate scenes of army guys and whatnot that Braden sets up. It's heartbreaking for Braden but I have no idea how to prevent it!
They are going to be a challenge!
Very exciting news...I got to "sleep in" this morning! For the first time since Evan was born (20 long months ago) Mike got up with the boys this morning and I got to stay in bed. It was pretty awesome! I had to wake Mike up to go get them, and I couldn't fall back asleep, but I did get to read and just lay around. It was fantastic. Just fantastic. Can't wait for next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment